Barefoot Running: Stable Feet Wanted
by Jeff Gray, C.Ped., Director of Education, Superfeet Worldwide
My first introduction to the idea of barefoot running was watching the African barefoot Olympic athletes in the early 70s. I couldn't help but think, "How can it be comfortable to run a full marathon barefoot?" Based on my own experience of growing up wearing shoes most of the time, I couldn't understand how someone could run for 26 miles unshod when I could barely walk across the driveway. Based on my studies of biomechanics, the body and genetics, I now understand how this is possible.
. . . I think it's important to get back to basics and look at our anatomy and our history when considering whether it's best to wear shoes or go barefoot. Maybe the better question is: when is it best to wear shoes, and when is it best to go barefoot?
to continue reading this article click
http://www.fleetfeetknoxville.com/docs/Barefoot%20Running%20by%20Jeff%20Gray.pdf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment